Monday, December 22, 2008
Dr. Campbell at 3:30pm today. Not our normal doctor. She took forever, but was nice. Traffic getting there was RE-DIC-ULOUS! Crazy last minute Lexington Christmas shoppers!
I've gained 8 lbs according to their scales since 2 weeks ago, but when I came home and weighed myself, I actually gained 4 lbs because I had on 3 layers of clothing weighing in at 4 lbs! Whew! It was pretty cold today...everywhere...so you get it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Because she is not our normal doctor we couldn't schedule Hudson's birth day. My regular nurse will be calling soon (hopefully) to schedule it with me. She did say, however, that it would probably be Monday the 9th of February. 02-09-2009, which is also a full moon! Kinda cool, I think.
My fundal height was 32", Hudson's heartbeat was 151, my legs and ankles aren't swelling, and she said I look great--right on target. However, because she thought I gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks she said try to choose meals wisely. I'm reaching the 30 lb mark here pretty soon. I'm pretty sure I can get up to 35 lbs and be within reason for my initial height and weight. I'm a tall girl. 5'9".
This is too long. I am going to bed!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I found out about a week ago that my "circle of happiness" would be broken. My "circle" was comprised of: Hubby & baby, place to live, and steady income. The piece that will be missing is MY JOB! After Hudson is born I will have to look for another nanny job where I can bring him with me. I cried for a couple of days after finding this out, but I'm ok now. Everything happens for a reason and I will have 6 weeks after he's born to figure something out. I really do understand where Jennifer and Anthony are coming from; they would prefer to have someone focus on their little girl completely. They have been a great family to work for since the beginning and I appreciate them.
Caitlin and Mark are sooooo good with their little girl! I am so proud of them for doing such a great job and for being the best parents they can to her. Yay!!! Caitlin is doing well with breastfeeding...she gave me some good tips last night. =)
It makes me smile every time our little guy is kicking or rolling around inside me. He is what always makes me smile, no matter what. He's kicking or hiccuping right now. I can't tell a difference because it's such a steady beat. He doesn't have as much room as he used to in there, so his movements aren't as abrupt, but they are starting to hurt sometimes. I'm still loving being pregnant! Not to the point yet where I'm saying....ok are you ready to get out of there?! It is getting harder to be comfortable while sleeping at night. Naps come in handy.
Christmas is just a few days away! Josh and I don't exchange gifts. We just say that our love is all the gift we need. I know, aren't we sappy and cheap?! lol. We're actually not getting anyone anything this year. It's just a rough time for everyone and Christmas isn't about getting presents. It's about baby Jesus. I do love the spirit of Christmas that everyone gets. The love for family, the kindness of strangers, cards, cookies and food. Ahhh. Don't forget the music! Love it! When else does our country get so giddy and positive for one reason? 'Tis the season! We use words like: grace and jolly and merry and noel. What great words. I am not a religious person, but the word blessed comes to mind as well. I feel so very blessed in my life, it just makes me happy all the time!
Friday, December 12, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags are so much easier. Wrapping paper is so much more fun!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I've always had an artificial tree, and then I married a farmer. We have just chopped little ones down from the farm the past few years. They never get decorated though.
3. When do you put up the tree? So far...not yet!
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever...
5. Do you like eggnog? Only if it's with chai and Starbucks whipped cream with cinnamon on top! Yum!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm...my cabbage patch doll, Jessie. I was 3 or 4.
7. Hardest person to buy for? We don't really buy gifts...probably Teresa-she always gives great stuff and then I hand over a book of favor coupons and feel like a chump. lol.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My hubby because he always wants my love and he doesn't have to buy that.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nah, don't need one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nick naks-unless it's a willow tree angel!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Now...Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Re-gifted, you mean? Yes, of course I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing and Sugar cookies with icing.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course!
17. Favorite Christmas song? anything Josh Groban
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home this year! First time, ever!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen. Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen. Rudolf.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One the night before and rest on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That people spend too much money and they really don't celebrate the actual meaning. The USA's idea of Christ-mas is Santa Claus and presents.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Handmade ones or special personalized ones.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Everything!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To snuggle with my hubby as much as possible!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I hate that question. Whoever wants to!
27. Does Santa wrap your gift or leave them unwrapped? Santa isn't real!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Chelsea lost this game!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
After Thanksgiving we stayed with friends for the weekend and had such a nice time. I also had 2 baby showers, which were both great and filled the truck-stacked FULL of presents! I went immediately to work on Monday morning after driving for 6 hours....haven't had much time to put all the gifts away. There are still a bunch sitting in the living room.
Josh left at 4am to head up to Pennsylvania with his dad for a farm conference. I think it's for dairy...not sure. They won't get back until Saturday...and I miss him already. =( I at least have the baby's room to get ready. That will keep me busy after work.
I made lasagna last night! I haven't made it since we were first married so I didn't really know what the hell I was doing. Thanks to Teresa it came out great! I think I called her 3 times before I figured it out! lol. I wasn't going to boil the noodles and already had the first layer down with cheese on top when she said, "Did you get the no-boil noodles?" "Oh shit!" was my response. I just had to pick them up and scrape off the cheese mixture (which included cottage cheese-pretty messy!) and then boiled them. I didn't start cooking until after work so my goal was to have it ready and eaten by 8:30pm. Task accomplished!
I had to have it eaten by 8:30 because I was fasting for the 3 hour glucose test I had this morning. I got there at 8:45am and she took my blood before having to drink this clear, sugary drink. Then at 10, 11, and 12 she took my blood again. All while NOT eating. The first hour was the worst because the drink made me feel not-so-good. The 3rd time she stuck me it hurt enough for me to say "ow!" and then it bruised immediately, but the other 3 sticks were fine. I have to be careful how I bend that arm now, because it is sore. I won't find out until tomorrow or Friday how the tests came back. I will let y'all know. There was another woman in there for the same test and our due date was exactly the same! February 15th. She is having her 3rd girl! We also discovered we are both from Indiana and live in the boonies now. She lives near Berea (which is an hour from the hospital) and we live about 35-40 minutes from the hospital. She said they are inducing her a week early, so we might be there at the same time. Just kinda funny to me. One other thing! Josh proposed to me at Monument Circle in Indianapolis and then we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe afterwards and this woman's husband proposed to her in that same H.R.C. in Indy. We had a lot of time to talk.
Our nephew, Ezekiel, was "supposed" to go home from the NICU on Monday, but wasn't able to afterall. The doctors said he isn't gaining weight fast enough so they are still stuck in Houston, TX. Please pray/hope that he continues to pull through and can go home soon! We love you Kristin, Daniel, and Ezie--you're doing so good!
I think that's all for now. I will post baby shower pictures at a later date...when I have time.
So much for wanting to write a blog per day! Ha! I was ambitious!