So I'm hoping to get more than 3 comments on this blog. I live to see how people will respond to my blogs and when I only have 1 or 2 comments, it makes me sad! =( So, I figured this would get people's attention. If you'd like to share:
1) Who you will vote for in the 2008 Presidential election?
2) Also, why have you made this choice?
3) Do you really think this person will/can make a difference in our country?
4) Do you think the government is really doing us any good right now?
5)What do you think about a country that is run 'by the people and for the people'? Does that still exist?
6) Do you think we're heading for another "Great Depression"?
Please keep in mind I would only like to get people's opinions & not an argument against my own personal judgements.
2) I think we need a leader who can keep his cool and who has a vision of hope for the important issues in our country. Obama comes off as a calm, collected individual. He climbed from the bottom up. He will make rational decisions based off the people's best interest. We need a young, fresh personality to reach out to all kinds of people in this "melting pot" of a country.
3) I think he will try his very best to do so. Every President hopes to change and make the country a better place; but in fact it isn't always the outcome. I believe he has the best of intentions.
4) Pfffff. No! This bailout deal is a joke. The government helped out the idiots who screwed up and made bad financial decisions and then they went off and bought out all the bank's who were doing the right thing. Now they're all screwed because those idiots are just going to do the same thing, most likely. Banks piss me off. It's the financial institutions who push loans and credit cards that people can't afford, yet still give them out. While it is the people's own fault for accepting and buying into the whole minimum payment scheme, it is ultimately the bank who is evil in my mind. Also, our children need to be better educated on how finances work. I didn't learn JACK until I got myself into debt and learned the hard way.
5) It should be run by the people and for the people, but no, it's run by only the rich people and the corrupt government. Less government regulation is better, in my opinion.
6) I think everyone is saying that, but I don't really believe it. I guess because I've lived in a society that never anticipated that to happen again. I'll be proved wrong if it happens, but I should hope that we're smart enough to not let it get that far. At least I know we are a little better off because we have a lot of our own organic food to live off of. Apparently in the words of Daniel, "All you need is a cow and a gun!" That's Josh's brother. I would need toilet paper too. =)
Thanks for reading and please comment!